Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Supergirl Show Premiere


Yesterday CBS finally announced the date of the Supergirl premiere and it is a little bit earlier than had been initially announced. Here is a link at TV line and a blurb: http://tvline.com/2015/06/09/cbs-premiere-dates-fall-2015-supergirl/

But the big news is the Eye’s decision to launch Supergirl after The Big Bang Theory in late October. Greg Berlanti’s anticipated drama will debut on Monday, Oct. 26 at 8:30/7:30c after an original episode of Big Bang. It will then move into its regular Monday-at-8/7c slot on Nov. 2.

There is a lot of good news here even for one little caption.

One, CBS must have a lot of faith in the show or really wants to promote it by leading in with a new Big Bang Theory. Love that show or not, it is a huge hit and will have plenty of viewers. That sort of lead in will hopefully bring in more viewers.

Second, it is simply earlier! I don't know if I could wait until November.

Unfortunately, I thought the time slot of 8:30 might mean that the premiere would be 90 minutes long, expanding what I can only imagine is a somewhat compressed pilot. It looks instead like it will still be an hour long.


I did love the official tweet from CBS with Melissa Benoist flashing a winning smile and an S-Shield.


Optimism continues to grow.

8 comments:

AndNowInStereo said...

Are 90 minute pilots a thing anymore? It seems like most US shows used to have them when I was a kid. Lois & Clark had one, and all of the four modern Star Trek series' did too. But I haven't seen one in a while now. Neither The Flash nor Arrow had one.

I really like seeing Melissa Benoist smiling in costume. Feels so happy. Not like seeing Henry Cavill scowling in the rain...

Anonymous said...

More solid news about the Supergirl TV show, what ISN'T good about this! Thanks for that Anj!
Going to put this on my calendar so I don't forget.


Regards

Anonymous said...

Yeah finger's crossed on this one, a lot rides on it. Y'know Greg Berlanti seems to have a thing for drawn out subplots that push towards a particular season climax (expl Dr. Harrison Wells on "The Flash"), I wonder if he'll follow this model with Kousin Kara? My guess is Winslow Schott's turn to the darkside as Toyman might be that subplot although per the trailer he does know her secret ID....My other speculation is maybe he'll opt for the "Zor El and Allura are still alive" meme, Sterling Gates made Big Medicine out of that Silver Age Trope didn't he?

:)

JF

Gene said...

BEST TWEET EVER!

Anonymous said...

Have to say that while the New 52 Supergirl got better, she just wasn't Supergirl. Same with all of the comic book iterations since the original pre-Crisis Supergirl. It seems like the TV and animated versions much more embody the Supergirl spirit.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about Zor-El and Allura being alive, but according to the last scene in the leaked pilot, the main villain refers to Supergirl as being her niece.

Anj said...

Thanks for comments.

I also think I need to block out that time in my schedule, make sure I am not working!

Unknown said...

What I hope with the Winslow Schott character that he turns out as a robot and the real Toyman is controlling him else where