Saturday, October 29, 2011

Polly Pocket Supergirl For Halloween


I am pretty sure that a version of these toys were unveiled at the San Diego Comic Con 2010. But new Polly Pocket toys have been released for Halloween this year showing the Pocket girls dressed up for Trick-or-Treating in DC Superhero outfits.

For just about five bucks, you can own Polly Pocket dressed as Supergirl for Halloween including a little S-shield candy collecting bucket.

This is a pretty cute toy and a nice representation of the Matrix Supergirl outfit. Of course, it is another way to get the ideas of super-heroes and Supergirl out there for a young crowd. So I am all for it.


Just a view from the back for a better sense of the cape (without S-shield).

There is also a Wonder Woman toy available as well.

So, the supergirls at home will be getting an extra treat on Halloween.

4 comments:

valerie21601 said...

The past couple of years I have noticed many little girls wearing Supergirl costumes for Halloween.

I can see why the Matrix Supergirl costume is a favorite among the girls and their parents. I managed to ask a few parents and their daughters why. The girls want to dress up like girls, in a skirt styled super heroine outfit. The parents enjoy the fact that the outfit is modest too.

From what I was able to learn, while the girls have never read a Supergirl comic book nor their parents or only know of the one from the Justice League Unlimited series. They admire and love the concept of the character, Kara Zor-El, girl cousin of Superman, from a distance.

Martin Gray said...

Oh, mixed feelings. The figure is beyond cute ... but I spent a couple of years editing a Polly Pocket comic, which meant dealing with Hasbro for approvals.

How I hate that doll.

Gene said...

On my way home from work yesterday I saw a couple with their young daughter in a Supergirl crossing the street in front of me. Too cute! :)

Gene

Gene said...

On my way home from work yesterday I saw a couple with their young daughter in a Supergirl COSTUME crossing the street in front of me. Too cute! :)

Gene