Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baltimore Comic-Con: Jamal Igle Commission


Well, I had an absolutely fabulous time at the Baltimore Comic-Con over the weekend. It was 2 days stuffed with all things comics. In fact, I was so busy meeting and chatting with the creators that I really didn't shop for comics all that much. I have a lot of things to talk about ... my conversations with Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle, other Supergirl related questions I asked folks, commissions, and news. I am trying to organize my thoughts as well as finish my reviews of comics from last week.

I thought the best way to start my reports was to post this Linda Lang commission by Jamal Igle. Prior to this, my commission collection has been strictly 'Supergirl in the Matrix costume'. But with the rumored news of Jamal Igle leaving the title and with my unabashed love of the title over the last two years, I really wanted to get something from Igle that would be a celebration of his run on the book.

I love this commission, Linda adopting the classic 'costume reveal' pose. The addition of Linda was a key part of the change in the title and I love the 'look' that Igle created for her. This commission including the coy smile on her face captures all that. I thanked Jamal profusely but I'll do it again. Thanks for this great piece.

I will post the rest of the news soon I promise ... I am trying to organize my scribbles of notes and memories.

11 comments:

Manu said...

You're right, it's a great one ! And she looks so real ! I love her leg's posture, this little move to the right with the hip ^^

Saranga said...

great commission! I love the Linda Lang identity.

Nikki said...

She's looking a little Kristen Bell-ish
http://blog.juno3.com/wp-content/veronica_mars_tv.jpg

Gene said...

That commission is super! Jamal does an excellent job again.

If there was a word balloon on that commission, it would say "This looks like a job for Supergirl!"

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

Jamal did an outstanding job with Linda Lang. Truly a celebration of an unforgetful run on the title. A nice first baby step away from your unparalleled traditional Supergirl art collection. What an amazing weekend!

Anonymous said...

Linda Lang - that is an excellent addition to your collection. I love the pose and her facial expression.

Scott

Martin Gray said...

Thanks for sharing this spiffy piece - I can't wait for your reports!

Unknown said...

Great commission anj! I love it and I'm increasingly jealous of your collection of Supergirl art!

Anj said...

Thanks everybody.

I think it is wonderful too. Assuming the rumors are true, I am going to miss Jamal on this book.

TalOs said...

What an all so adorable and great choice for another Igle commission here dude! B-D