Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Supergirl Shrine


When I started this blog, I knew I wanted to discuss all things Supergirl. While I clearly knew I would be concentrating on her comics endeavors, I also wanted this to be a forum for other areas as well: Smallville, memorabilia, animation, commission art, and anything else.

So, as a way to start the discussion of memorabilia, I thought I would review my collection of Supergirl 'stuff', dubbed "The Shrine" by my friends. Sure it's in my corner of the unfinished basement. Sure it is an odd way to utilize a colonial style corner cabinet. But heck, I love it.


The top shelf is the 'white shirt' collection.


1) The 'Diorama' DC Superheroes figure - white shirt version
2) JLU paperweight bust
3) DC Direct Animated Supergirl statue
4) The JLU action figure - this is the one which came with the 'steel purse' accessory
5) DC Direct Superman Series 1 Supergirl
6) Plush Warner Bros. store Supergirl


The second shelf is the current costume shelf.



1) The 'Diorama' DC Superheroes figure - blue costume version
2) Mini-mate Wave 6 Supergirl (came with Bizarro)
3) Superman/Batman Series 5: Supergirl (Ed McGuiness)
4) Kotobukiya vinyl statue
5) Micro-Man Supergirl (Japanese import)
6) Superman/Batman Series 2: Supergirl (Michael Turner)
7) Hero-clix Supergirl


The third shelf is a mishmash.


1) Elseworlds Supergirl figure
2) Custom made Lego Supergirl
3) Bruckner Supergirl mini-statue
4) Supergirl bobble-head
5) Women of DC Universe Adam Hughes mini-bust
6) Crisis on Infinite Earths Supergirl figure
7) ERTL DC Comics Supergirl diecast figurine


The bottom shelf is the Silver Age shelf.


1) Pocket Super Heroes Series 2: Silver Age Supergirl (came with Silver Age Brainiac)
2) Midvale Orphanage sign from Silver Age Supergirl and Superboy Deluxe Action Figure set
3) Silver Age Superman and Supergirl statue (recreating Action 252)
4) Supergirl and Streaky from Silver Age Deluxe set


Now I am sure people are thinking 'maybe this Anj guy is bizarre'. Like many collectors, I consider myself a completist and so when a Supergirl item is released I usually try to get it (Ame Comi notwithstanding). I also am a few items short.

I still want the Bruckner full size statue, the Michael Turner statue, Crisis statue, the Pepsi drinking glass from the 70's, and the Grail piece - the Mego doll.

I will probably do some items on individual pieces that I feel are worthy of more in-depth discussion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUUUUUDE!!! AND HERE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO LOOOVES SUPERGIRL AND HAS A "SHRINE" IN HIS HOME. IN FACT, MY BABY'S MOMMA JUST TOLD ME THAT IT FREEKED HER OUT WHEN SHE 1ST SAW IT THIS PAST WEEKEND. HIT ME UP ANYTIME AT "KANDORIAN001@YAHOO.COM". LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU. TAKE CARE!

Diana_Fan said...

I have one single comics statue/doll/figure, and that is the Kotobukiya vinyl Supergirl statue.

It sits right next to my iMac, and I love it.

I really wish they would come out with an equal Wonder Woman statue. That would be awesome.

Your collection is beautiful.

wonder warrior said...

hey dude, sweet collection, i have a few of those figures myself, but yesterday i was comic shoppin and i found a linda danvers figures, she has now taken her rightful place next to my other supergirl figures but i have no clue what set of figures she came from????

does anyone know?